Monday, November 12, 2012

Some things that rob your hair of moisture!!!! Especially Natual Hair

4 Things that Rob Natural Hair of Moisture

1. Excessive shampooing.
Shampooing hair several times a week with shampoos that contain sulfates can strip your hair of it's natural oils and cause the hair to become dry and brittle. So if you have to use shampoo MAKE SURE THAT it's free of sulfates or you can JUST co-wash (which is only using conditioner to wash your hair).


2. Not sealing moisturized hair with oil.
Make sure that after you wash your hair that you seal in the moisture with an oil. Water, moisturizer, conditioner, and leave ins without essential oils will only evaporate from your hair. I use Castor oil, jojoba oil, and  extra virgin olive oil. It makes no sense to go through all of the trouble of conditioning if you are not going to seal in the moisture with an oil. 


3. The environment.
The environment in which you live could also take a toll on your hair moisture. So in extremely hot and cold months, help protect your hair from the harsh elements by wearing hats, and or protective styles that have you ends tucked in.  






















4. Sleeping with no Protection.
Not wearing a satin scarf or bonnet while sleeping can also lead to dryness. To keep your hair refreshed before bed spray it with a moisturizing spray or a small amount of a water based moisturizer and then seal it with your oils or butter.  


My routine consists of co-washing my hair once a week, then I seal my hair with Castor oil (which when I part my hair I take some of this oil and rub on my scalp) after the Castor oil I apply a small amount of jojoba oil which sometime I switch out the jojoba oil for the extra virgin olive oil. Then I style my hair with a butter and put on my satin cap for bed. whatever you routine maybe PLEASE SEAL IN YOUR MOISTURE WITH AN OIL it will make a difference!!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment