Saturday, November 24, 2012

SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR

Well Thanksgiving has come and gone! And I had and have so much to be thankful for :my health, family, friends, life, strength, freedom to express myself, a house to live in, food on the table, a job, my WONDERFUL son (yes I know this is a repeat of family but that boy gives me a reason to want to live) and my husband. Now a lot of you may know that in June of this year I buried one of my great grandmothers and last year on Thanksgiving she blessed our food so this was a real emotional time for my family and I. But I'm very grateful that I still have 1 grandfather, 2 grandmothers, and 1 Great grandmother that are still living!!! A lot of people don't have that. But I'm so glad that my son was able to meet and know my great grandmother Carrie. Family is very important to me and I'm glad that my family are as close as we are. Some of my friends find it weird that my family always get together and celebrate just because not just because it's a holiday. For example every year we take a family trip together when I say family trip (I mean grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, not just my moms brothers and sisters but my grandmothers sisters included). Last year we traveled to Jamaica, Key West, and the Grand Caymans. We had so much fun! This is something else that I have to be thankful for (not only is my son going on these trips but his great grandparents go as well and we are making memories that are going to last a lifetime). Life is grand and I never take any of this for granted because anything can happen at any given moment. For example as I stated earlier my great grandmother passed in June which was very unexpected but I do cherish every moment that I got to spend with her she was 96 when she died. I used to call her all the time and let my co-workers listen to us talk because they thought it was unbelievable that I still had a grandmother that was living and as old as she was. But I remember every year she would call me on my birthday and tell me happy birthday and she'd tell me the same story which was when I was being born she was in hospital having cancer surgery!!! This year it was a little bitter sweet because on my 28th birthday this year she was not here to call me but I know she is in a much better place and she live 96 wonderful years. SO PLEASE NEVER TAKE LIFE FOR GRANTED AND CHERISH EVERY MOMENT WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS BECAUSE AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT SOMEONE CAN BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment