Wednesday, December 12, 2012

AS I AM DOUBLEBUTTER CREAM!

So recently I started trying out new products. About 2 weeks ago I purchased the As I Am Doublebutter Cream.


Now on to my experience with the As I Am Doublebutter Cream. First off I purchased it from Sally's for about $27.00 which is more than I would have liked to pay but I'm always game for a new product so it's OK and it's like 16oz so I guess the price is OK because the jar is huge!!!! Now I went home and washed my hair and applied my oil and then twisted my hair (which took 3 hours because I did small (very small) twist). The next day I wore my twist and everyone kept telling me how GREAT my hair looked. So I wore my twist for 4 days before taking them out, then rocked my twistout for a few more days. So the next week I did the same thing and even then I only had to put this product on my hair once and my hair stayed hydrated even though I still put a small amount of Jamaican Black Castor Oil in it every other day just because. This product smells great and I think I'll continue to use this for my twist and also a little bit goes a long way. This product is not heavy at all. OVERALL this is a great product. This product left my hair smooth, soft and my twist were the bomb! So if you are all for trying out a new product i'd suggest this one.

 Moisture is essential for great natural coils and curls. When your hair feels a bit rough and dry, and looks that way too, this is the jar to reach for. The power-packed As I Am® DoubleButter® Cream is a rich emollient blend, graced with the finest array of natural butters and organic oils. It gets the job done. The benefits says that it locks in moisture, gives dull dry hair softness, shine and manageability, ccontains Pro-vitamin B5, (known as Panthenol), to help repair split ends and strengthen hair and  pprovides dehydrated hair with what it needs to look and behave its very best.

The ingredients:
Key Ingredients: Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Sugar Beet Root, Wheat Germ Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Wheat Protein, Panthenol and Lanolin
Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) ¹ and Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla) ¹ and Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine)¹ and Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root¹, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)¹, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil¹, Theobromo Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (CocoaButter)¹, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil¹, Emulsifying Wax NF, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil¹, Glycerin¹, Lanolin¹, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil¹ , Beeswax¹, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil¹, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein², Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil2, Carbomer, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Triethanolamine, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene.
Source: 1-Natural; 2-Wheat derived

You should use it:
Apply sparingly or liberally depending upon your hair's need for moisture,
manageability and vitality. Rub within palms and scrunch onto hair gently so that coils and curls are
undisturbed. May also be used to set soft lustrous twists and twist-outs

And then they give you tips of joy
  • Try using a little As I Am® DoubleButter® Cream along with the Twist Defining Cream for in-between re-twist touch-ups.
  • Don't rub oils and butters into your finished style too vigorously. It can disturb coil/curl definition. Instead, rub the product between the palms of your hands, then massage throughout the hair and scrunch onto the ends.
  • Don't overuse. A build-up of emollients can actually work against your natural curl definition, and instead of looking shinier, your hair may appear dull and matted.


No comments:

Post a Comment